Thursday, August 28, 2008

sawing logs

Maybe a month or two ago Golden pointed out something that NJ does on occasion. He will grab his blanket, lie down with his head on his pillow, and make snorting noises. Since I am the only one in the house who regularly snores, we think he is imitating me. This is backed up by the fact that if I make a snorting noise around him he immediately identifies it as, "Daddy."

I don't know how loudly I snore because Golden hasn't complained about it. I know that I do snore, though. It was one of those things that was unavoidable. My dad snores and a lot of people on my mom's side of the family snore as well. It would have been noteworthy had I not become a snorer.

It's funny that NJ points out my snoring because I actually heard NJ snoring ever so softly last night, so he will probably have the same issue in when he is older. I assume I was hearing NJ snore. I don't know what other sound a toddler could make that would sound like that. I guess that not all heavy breathing during sleep is snoring.

I have figured for a while that I'll probably eventually get that surgery where the uvula is cut off if it starts bothering Golden and if the cost isn't a real hardship. The idea of the surgery is a little bothersome, though, because I think I would miss my uvula. Why, I don't know. I just get the feeling that I would.

That's probably a ways into the future, though. I don't think Golden is losing sleep over it yet. If she is, she hasn't mentioned it to me yet.

4 comments:

T said...

That's too funny! Our kids have shared that we have different snores and the immitate us! I think that's cuter coming from a 2 year old then 9 and 13!

So Golden--now's your chance--speak up, tell the man how aweful it is to live with a snorer! ;)

GoldenSunrise said...

It just works out that I go to sleep before Dust. NJ and I watch Dust snore/sleep in the mornings. NJ always wants to see his daddy.

Portland wawa said...

BB snores, mostly when he is sleeping on his back. He woke me up every night and I have to hit him to roll over. I started using ear plugs a few months ago and he stopped waking me up. Most men snore, I think.

Achtung BB said...

My dad is a big snorer. You can hear it down all through the house. I don't think I'm that bad.