Thursday, May 24, 2007

what do you want?

Throughout the past couple of years I have tried several different types of posts. Some have been successful and some haven't. A lot of this has been influenced by the amount of time that I might have at any given point to devote to a post and by trends in the blogs. In spite of this, I figure I may be able to increase the proportion of successful posts if I get some feedback.

This is a call out to anyone who reads this with any regularity. I am more than happy to hear what types of posts you do and don't like. What would you like to see that you haven't and what are you sick of seeing?

The reason I am asking is that I have found that I am not spectacular at predicting the specifics of what other people like. The response that I have received from specific posts in the past has not necessarily lined up with how I would have ranked them on my own. It is important to note that this is not meant to provide me a pat on the back, so you can be brutally honest about what you don't like.

Obviously, this is just a request for those who want to provide feedback. I am not trying to obligate anyone, just get an idea of what people like and dislike the most. In the end I am going to post what I like and know, but I am more likely to devote real time to a post that I know somebody will probably like than to one that I am unsure about.

8 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

This blog is supposed to meet your needs not ours. Quit trying to be a people pleaser. : )

I don't care for the traffic jams and vehicle posts. big surprise there : ) I like ones about NJ.

shakedust said...

In this case it isn't completely a people pleaser thing. It's s little more like market research.

RDW said...

I have to agree with you, shake, instead of golden. As long as it's few and far between, there's nothing wrong with polling your electorate. Especially since there's so much disconnect between you and them.

My thoughts? Keep up the good work. Some posts I like better than others, but usually more because of their thoughtfulness or wit, rather than the subject matter.

And oh... one blogger to another... I've heard that your favorite posts are rarely the most heavily commented. It's the controversial posts that get the most attention (like flies to manure...)

Anonymous said...

I like your current mix of posts. I think the variety between fun posts, life posts and stuff-you're-thinking-about posts give good variety.

I also love the fact that blogspot lets you post pictures and images. Livejournal doesn't allow so much flexibility without a paid account. Anyways, the blog illustrations are fun.

Of course, NJ posts are a particular highlight for me, too.

I'm in a posting slump... reading your posts keeps me entertained. :o) I also feel like I'm able to stay somewhat involved and up-to-date on you and Golden and NJs lives. So keep 'em coming.

Achtung BB said...

I'd like to see more "Girls Gone Wild"

Portland wawa said...

I'd like to know what "girls gone wild" entails?

shakedust said...

It's almost Memorial Day. He meant to say "Grills gone wild." :)

T said...

I think you put in a good mix. I also agree with Golden, it's for you, so do what makes you happy and we'll still keep reading! :)

? for you, unrelated. When will you publish your first book? Will it be fiction or fact? I think a book on Dust reasonings would be fun! Although Dr. D is taken, so you'll have to come up with a different cool name! :)