Friday, May 11, 2007

lucky me

Golden has overall more traditional views than I do regarding what men and women are responsible for in the family. I could be more traditional than I think, though, because Golden spoils me quite a bit.

One of the guys at work pointed out this week how traditional my situation is because Golden prepares my lunch, takes care of my clothes, does most of the baby care, gets me up in the morning, etc. I have known for a while that I am fortunate that all these things are taken care of for me, but I was inspired to start thinking about it again. I hope this is not the case, but I may be saying that I don't expect my wife to take on traditional gender roles in part because I know that Golden will voluntarily step into that role.

I have long believed that the roles in a relationship should be fairly discussed and established by both people in the relationship. That is easy for me to believe when Golden volunteers for some of the things I don't want to deal with, though.

Thanks, Golden, for taking care of both NJ and me and being a great wife and mother. NJ and I don't know how good we have it. Have a happy Mother's Day. You deserve it.

3 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

Thanks! I needed to hear that. I love you.

T said...

You make his lunch for him too?! LOL. That kind of stuff that you mention is all stuff that my mom loved doing for us and dad as we were growing up.

You're a great mom and wife Golden, WAY more traditional then myself! :) But I do all the yard work most of the time...so we are creating our own traditions in our family! :)

Portland wawa said...

Well dust, I don't make bb's lunch for him. It's a good thing you appreciate golden. BB and I used to be pretty evenly spread in the summer because he did all the yard work for a couple of hours every weekend. But we have no yard now really, so he does the laundry. It's not an even split, but I am too picky about my house and food let him clean or cook.