Wednesday, October 22, 2008

er

I know that I am getting to this a little late. I hope to get back on schedule shortly. We'll see how that goes.

Today, NJ fell down and cut the inside of his lip. It was one of those things that is unavoidable, but that didn't lessen the severity of the cut. I was at work when Golden called me asking what I thought she should do. I had no advice other than to call the doctor and see if it sounded serious enough to take to the ER. Ultimately, the doctor's office informed us that a trip to the ER was probably unnecessary.

There is very little more frustrating than when your child is injured and you do not know what the next course of action is. We have been very close to taking NJ to the ER on a few occasions and every time we have decided not to go because we either know that they will not do anything that we can't do at home, or that the injury is probably not severe enough for the ER.

Really, compared to some of the ER visits that other people who read this site have had to make, we have been very fortunate so far with NJ. We haven't had any broken bones or anything like that yet. Even so, since he is an active and risk-taking boy I expect that we have more tough calls to make in the future.

2 comments:

Achtung BB said...

We've been fortuate enough that our kids haven't been that injuried yet where a trip to the ER is necessary. We have had to take Nibbles to the ER for a really bad illness.

GoldenSunrise said...

He is only 2 and we have many years to come.