Tuesday, October 07, 2008

blogging


When I saw this new Despair.com demotivator I knew I had to post on it. I didn't even know what I was going say, but as the poster indicates, the quality of my content is quite irrelevant.

I always figured that I was well suited for a career in journalism. I did not necessarily intend to go into a career in journalism, though. I like writing things that are to the point (no, really, I actually do), and I am interested in finding out what the truth about situations is. I also maintained a three-page monthly newspaper for a couple of years when I was fourteen and fifteen. While keeping a deadline was annoying, the whole process of writing, editing, and layout was a blast. For some reason, though, other careers were always more appealing.

That mild interest in journalism has carried over to this blog. Like with the family newspaper, my circulation is about ten to fifteen people. In both situations I have kept a pretty tight schedule (which I horribly violated today).

Really, I don't have much more to say than that. I'm just prattling on a lot about a little to a small number of people.

3 comments:

Achtung BB said...

That's awesome. It does feel like that sometimes.

roamingwriter said...

I love despair.com - I hadn't seen this one. Thanks for sharing.

T said...

I like the poster! I want one! :)