Thursday, September 04, 2008

bereavement leave

If you are reading this on Thursday morning, I am almost certainly somewhere between Kansas City and Pittsburgh, and likely somewhere in the air. For those who don't know, my grandmother passed away early Tuesday morning, and the funeral is this Friday.

My flight leaves (or, left for when you are reading this) Thursday at 6AM, as all cheaper flights do. I am always that cheap person who isn't willing to spend the money to fly at a reasonable hour. As a result, I am getting (have gotten) up before 4AM to get to the airport in time.

I don't really have much more to say right now. I basically wanted to note why I didn't have anything to say. I'll probably have something more on Saturday when I get back. Until then, au revoir.

4 comments:

Portland wawa said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope it was not a drawn out, painful illness like my grandmother last year.

Achtung BB said...

Sorry for your loss. I didn't attend any of my grandparents funerals because they were so far away. I never grew very close to them.

T said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope things went well with your trip.

GoldenSunrise said...

I feel bad that I didn't go. I know we made the right choice, because I look like I am ready to deliver the baby.