Saturday, September 20, 2008

bad call

Earlier this week I walked into the bathroom at work and noticed someone I have not seen before. That is not too uncommon since there is a conference room on our floor that another company frequently uses for training.

While the guy was at the sink, though, he did something that I consider a faux pas in a public bathroom. The guy took a phone call and proceeded to carry a conversation just standing there in front of the sinks.

I am the type of person where, if Golden is carrying a phone conversation and I am in the bathroom I do everything I can to block bathroom-specific noise. I have also let calls hit voicemail when I was in the bathroom rather than trying to carry a conversation in that environment. There is just something weird about hearing a flush over the phone. This is why I could not figure out why the guy didn't quickly head for the door once the call came in.

So, if I call you in the future and you are temporarily indisposed, you can let it hit voicemail. I don't mind.

3 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

I think it is a faux pas. My family is comfortable enough with each other that we will use the bathroom while talking on the phone.: ) Only immediate family members though.

Achtung BB said...

I typically won't answer in the bathroom either. Your conversation echos too much.

T said...

I think it depends on who it is, I have people that I'm comfortable with enough--and them with me and that we don't care. Plus a lot of the time you can't really hear the noise specifically, just that there is extra noise.