Tuesday, July 01, 2008

something lighthearted

Every topic I can think of lately is either dull or deep. That is a problem because a person can only take so much of that. Here are a few random lighthearted thoughts off the top of my head.

Golden and I are expecting to find out the sex of our new baby today. She will probably post that information before I do, unless I just add it as a comment to this post.

I never realized how much kids can talk without using real words. NJ will talk for extended periods of time and I know that he is genuinely trying to rely information to me, but I can't decipher most of what he says. There are random words I recognize, but the words I pick out represent so little of everything that he is saying. How much of his conversation is real and what is he actually talking about?

There is very little that is more enjoyable than sleeping in. Everyone knows I feel this way. I have taken the opportunity to sleep in since I am not at work this week. Does anyone else get a weird feeling that his or her brain has not fully turned on for a couple hours after waking up late? I get this all of the time, but it is the most strong for me when I sleep in.

I'll never understand people who drive slow in the passing lane. The passing lane is for passing.

Our house has felt overrun by bugs in the last month or two. I have seen more insects inside the house this year compared to every other year we have lived here. I am seriously considering a call to the exterminator, but I don't know if most exterminators have simple, spray around to discourage bugs from coming inside rates.

This is my first post that is automatically posted. If all goes well, it should post while I am still happily asleep at the moment that this is posted. The very thought brings a contented smile to my face.

6 comments:

Achtung BB said...

I would agree that there is nothing better than sleeping in. Sometimes I feel a little quilty about missing half the day.

f o r r e s t said...

let me add to that.
nothing is better than staying up late and then sleeping in.

T said...

It's a girl! YAY!!!!!!!

I concur, I can't think of anything as wonderful as the thought of a late night and getting up late after it! No alarms, just you and the sun!

The bugs--no fun, I think if you call around you'd find a decent rate.

Passing lane--yeah, what's up with that?

As for NJ and the conversations, you'll often feel the same way you do now--when they are saying real words too! :) Does that help?! LOL

GoldenSunrise said...

This week has been great! It's nice to have you home.

We have a boy and a girl now!

Portland wawa said...

I hate staying up late and sleeping in. But to each his own. Enjoy your little holiday.

shakedust said...

It's been mentioned here, but just so I have officially noted it on this blog, we're having a girl.

We are very happy that NJ will have a little sister. If it is possible, I think my family is more excited than we are about this. It isn't possible, but if it were, they would be.