Friday, July 25, 2008

parents visiting

My parents are visiting this upcoming week. As usual, there are things that my dad will probably be doing on the house. As usual, there really isn't much of a plan as to what is happening when. As usual, the most important thing is that NJ's grandparents get to spend quality time with him.

Golden has been a little stressed trying to get the house prepared while NJ has been busy getting it unprepared. Golden has done a good job, though. It's not easy keeping this place clean with a two-year-old whose purpose it is to make the house messy.

The biggest issue that we run across when having people over is figuring out what to prepare for meals and snacks. I grew up with my parents and I cannot remember half of what they like to eat. I should have paid closer attention when I was growing up I guess.

They were talking like they would be getting in late Saturday night, but they are leaving from Columbus, Ohio, in the morning, and I cannot imagine that trip taking more than ten hours. Maybe it could take twelve hours if there was a lot of construction.

Hopefully the trip goes well and NJ enjoys the time with his grandparents, since that's the entire purpose of the trip anyway.

4 comments:

Achtung BB said...

It gets a little harder to keep clean with two kids. I wouldn't stress too much over it.

T said...

Having family over means both fun and frenzy! :) Trying to get the house ready is easier once the kids are old enough they can help clean, but you've got a little bit of time before NJ and baby x can do that.

Enjoy your time with your parents, and enjoy this time with NJ too! Kids become someone else when others are around and watching that happen is both fun and a learning experience! :)

Portland wawa said...

It's great having the grandparents over to occupy the little ones, so you can relax!! Mine both fight over their grandma's attention and leave me and BB alone for once.

GoldenSunrise said...

So far so good. : )