Thursday, July 03, 2008

a poem, i wish

Poetry is pain
Poetry is happy
Poetry is plain
Poetry is snappy

I write by the line
But this is no great feat
I use the best rhyme
But I can't keep a beat

Matching sounds is nice
Matching cadence neater
My rhymes are precise
I just can't use meter

I would if I could
Pen a weighty work now
Still might not be good
With no syllabic count

It would not be cheap
And would be from the heart
I might make it deep
And I'd attempt at smart

For style not substance
Would my verse be undone
Many the instance
Would the beat miss by one

Though the form is low
I still inscribe my thought
Trying to find flow
I have constantly fought

When I write flowery
What most everyone knows
I say poetry
I should really say prose

3 comments:

Achtung BB said...

Shakedust is Shakespeare

Portland wawa said...

You are usually more analytical so this is unexpected from you, but nice. I am no critic, I haven't written poetry in 15 years.

GoldenSunrise said...

Nice. Good job, sweetie.