Wednesday, August 29, 2007

wisenheimer

A little over a year ago the word of the day in our office word of the day calendar was "wisenheimer." As can be seen in the image included in this post, this refers to someone who is a smart aleck. Since a few people around the office tend to make smart remarks, the definition has since been affixed to some cardboard and a magnet and provided as a reward people when they make a remark deemed worthy of the reward.

Strangely enough, I seem to have the reward a lot. I don't have it all the time, but probably enough to make me think before saying some of the things that enter my mind.

I have actually had the wisenheimer award for over a month now, because I forget to hand it off when other people make smart aleck remarks. I actually am hoping that posting this will remind me to give the award away the next time I hear a wisenheimer remark. Part of my says that there is little point in me trying to award it to someone else, though. It will be back in my hands by the end of the day.

6 comments:

Portland wawa said...

I can see you being a wisenheimer, but I picture you as being more guarded with your conversation in a professional setting. If BB worked with you, you'd be sharing it with him though.

f o r r e s t said...

you poor soul!

GoldenSunrise said...

That's what happens when you become friends with your co-workers. The smart aleck remarks are done in a friendly manner.

Achtung BB said...

I'm jealous. I wish we had an award like that at my work. I'd be gunning for it.

T said...

Sounds like a fun thing to have around the work place! :)

windarkwingod said...

same as "wiseacre?" HA!