Friday, December 23, 2005

time management

I don't take many vacation days. I never have. There are two reasons for this. First, Golden and I tend to stay near home unless we are visiting family. Second, I view vacation time the same way that I view money. Before I spend it I feel that I should have some saved back for emergencies.

I do like to take vacation time around the Christmas holiday, though, because we need to see family that we don't see frequently and it allows me to get good bang for my buck on my vacation days. I will technically be on vacation from December 24th to January 2nd, but I will only need to spend four vacation days for that ten day break.

The company I work for doesn't tend to like employees stocking up excessive vacation time so I may need to stop being so prudent shortly. I will also be getting an extra week of vacation every year starting in May, so I will have little reason not to take some occasional time off. Maybe that will be the turning of a new leaf for me. I'll have to think about that when I get back from this vacation.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

3 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

Finally, our vacation time has arrived! I have a feeling that Dust will be sleeping in a lot. I hope we can get out and do things too!

T said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I always like it when dash has plenty of days off so we can take time during the holidays and still have some long weekends throughout the year! It's always nice to save days by being gone around holidays too!

I look forward to hearing the fun things you get to do! Dash always feels that it's a good vacation if his days don't start till about noon! That works for him and keeps him happy!

Doc said...

I only work so I can have vacation. ;) Is that backwards logic? Thankfully, I have a job that allows me unlimited vacation days (all unpaid of course). This will be very hard to give up when it comes time to "settle down". Yet there is a season for everything in life. Maybe your season of frugal vacation day use is almost over? Enjoy your time off.