Saturday, December 03, 2005

dropped on

When I see someone accidentally drop a glass of something on someone else, I typically feel for the person who dropped the drink more than the person who was on the receiving end of the liquid. This was the case on Thursday at work as well.

I was in my cube discussing a work-related issue with one of the guys in my group. For no reason that either of us could figure he suddenly lost control of his hot chocolate (it was more lukewarm chocolate at the time) and it fell to my desk and splattered around the immediate area. I actually only caught a little bit of the hot chocolate on the side of my leg, and I think the brunt of the spray simply soaked into my chair. You can see where the hot chocolate soaked into the chair in the picture of the seat of my chair below.
There were two funny things that came of this. First, neither of us reacted immediately. I think he was embarrassed, and I was still processing what had happened. There were probably five seconds that went by of silence, but it must have seemed much longer to him. Once I realized I didn't get doused too bad, all I could do was laugh at the situation. I figured that if I would have found this funny as a bystander there was no reason not to find this funny as a participant in the event.

The second funny thing had to do with my blog post from that day. That was the day that I posted "dumped on," which was ironic in itself. The spiller happens to read my blog, and so a different coworker (T-Bop) who also reads my blog decided to tape the following sign on his door. As of this posting the sign is still there.

5 comments:

T said...

cool! Or should I say luke warm! Sounds like you all had some fun!

windarkwingod said...

dropzone takes on a new meeting. BTW I hate stains on chairs if they are mysterious. I'm glad you clarified yours....

windarkwingod said...

unrelated comment: did I hear someone say "one on the way?" Just checking...

shakedust said...

Yep you did. We are expecting to be busy on or around July 15. :)

f o r r e s t said...

even though it is funny, no one like to get dumped on.