Sunday, May 05, 2013

ten years

I randomly have a few milestones on Cinco de Mayo.  One is that thirteen years ago I graduated college on that day.  Another is that ten years ago I started working for my current employer.  In modern times that is an eternity.  In contrast, it was twelve years ago Tuesday that I started my job before that.  The difference between ten years and two is pretty significant.

I do not have any real insights on that.  I don't like wandering from job to job or from town to town, and I've been pretty clear about that.  It is amazing in my mind that I could be anywhere that long.  I never lived more than five years in one town as a kid, so being in one area with one employer for double-digits years seems different, even though it has been my life for a while.

However, since I work in the ever-changing Tech Industry who knows what tomorrow holds.


No comments: