Tuesday, March 17, 2009

gmail spam

I think most of the people who read this have a Gmail account, but for those who don't there is a small bar along the top of the screen that contains a link relevant to the content of the email. As an example, when I viewed an email with mortgage payment information in it this morning, the link in that bar was for "10 Ways to Start Living the Frugal Life."

Something that I have noticed pretty much since I first got my Gmail account is that when I go to my "Spam" folder I invariably get a link to some Spam recipe. If I refresh a different Spam recipe is presented, so I have to assume that there are a lot of recipes online that call for Spam. I also assume that I can't possibly be the only person who has noticed this. I keep expecting the Spam recipe links to get replaced by something more targeted to me based on the contents of my actual emails.

Am I the only one who has noticed this? Do you think this has been intentionally left this way for laughs? Does creamy Spam broccoli casserole sound appetizing at all?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gmail had Spam Breakfast Burritos this morning. Surely, they did it for laughs.

T said...

I can honestly say that I've never noticed this. Spam recipes, hmmm, I'll have to take a closer look! :)