Wednesday, November 10, 2010

to dye for

I almost posted this on Facebook, but it seemed more appropriate here. The following conversation occurred last week in our house.

Golden: "Should I look for hair dye for you, or do you think it's already too late and it will look too obvious?"

Me: *Loud Laughter*

From certain angles and in the right light it looks like I am going salt-and-pepper. I still have a few years to go before I will truly be salt-and-pepper, but I'll be there at a younger age than the average.

I'm actually not all that bothered about the idea of having some gray hairs. I've had random ones for years, and I don't think it harms a man's image much to be graying. Going very gray in my early thirties probably is not ideal, though.

So, the question is should I dye my hair at some point in the near future? Is it one of those things that once I start I have to keep up? Am I actually at the point where I need to be taking steps to make myself look younger rather than older? What's next? Eating right and exercising? The horrors.

2 comments:

Jason said...

I'd say the only reason to dye it is if it really makes you self-conscious and it's something you think about a lot. It doesn't sound like that's the case, though, so I'd leave it. You'll look "distinguished" in no time! Plus, at least you have the lesser of the two men's hair evils, in my opinion anyway.

T said...

I think you should definately NOT dye it. You don't need to worry about looking young. You'll always be the "youngin'" when you're with us! :)