Sunday, January 26, 2014

everyone is now dumber

Adam Sandler is one of those actors who you either loved in the nineties when he was relevant or you didn't.  I really didn't.  It's not that I had such overwhelmingly cultured taste that I couldn't appreciate his low-brow humor.  I just felt like most of his jokes were rehashes of his other jokes.  There is one scene from Billy Madison, however, that rises above Sandler's typical mediocrity.  I present it below.


For those who didn't click on the video, the main character in this scene has just provided a wildly inaccurate answer to a question in an educational competition. The judge then insults the main character with the assertion that everyone in the room is now dumber for having heard the irrational answer, but he does it in a much more humorous fashion.

I will frequently hear someone say something mind-numbingly idiotic, and my mind will come back to this quote.  If I am honest I have to acknowledge that that someone is often me, but I realize how dumb it was in retrospect.

I'll stop now before I provide too much opportunity to justify this being quoted at me today.

1 comment:

T said...

I'm finally learning to not open my mouth as much as I use too, but I still have those "dumber" moments. :(