Wednesday, May 30, 2007

medicine head

I took some Benadryl last night to alleviate my allergies and it left me groggy for the entire night. I napped for a little bit and my mind was in a fog for the rest of the night. Golden recommended I try something that wouldn't knock me out, but I did not figure it would have the impact that it did on me.

If I don't expect to go to bed early on a given day or night, there is very little more annoying than when my mind is not working properly. I can go through the motions of reading and hearing words or seeing things, but my mind has to work very hard to process them. It's almost like the words aren't there. It is sometimes bad enough that I cannot meanfully interact with my environment. Eventually I get tired, give up, and go to bed.

Sometimes I can combat the grogginess by walking around or getting a cold drink of water, and that can help me gather my thoughts temporarily. Eventually, I return to my previous state, though.

When I am tired and foggy the quality of my work suffers too. I don't spend the time on it that it deserves, so mistakes get through and the end result is often incomplete. Kind of like this post.

5 comments:

Achtung BB said...

Ok, what are we suppose to be reading?

shakedust said...

Highlight the text. :)

T said...

Thank you for the clue. I was confused. It doesn't take much! :) No medicine required here for a fog to develop! :)

GoldenSunrise said...

Dust tries to be clever & witty and a lot of times people, including me, just don't get it.

f o r r e s t said...

your text is not showing up. I had to hightlight it to read it. You might want to correct that mistake.